TEACCH® Certified Advanced Consultant Level
- Use the title of TEACCH® Certified Advanced Consultant (use of the TEACCH logo is restricted to current TEACCH employees only)
- The certification is valid for 3 years
- Name listed on the TEACCH Certified Advanced Consultant Directory
- Qualify for the benefits of the TEACCH Certified Practitioner Level (see Certified Practitioner Overview for Benefits/Privileges)
- Consult on TEACCH principles and practices across work and other related settings (outside of work setting)
- Conduct lectures or presentations on TEACCH-related content titled “Based on TEACCH Philosophy”
- Use of the title “TEACCH Training” is restricted to trainings provided by current TEACCH Employees only
- Receive Consultative Support (up to 2 hours per certification period—no charge)
- Utilize discounts (10%) to TEACCH-sponsored conferences, and approved seminars in North Carolina
- Hold a current TEACCH Certified Practitioner certification
- Have one year of experience post TEACCH Certified Practitioner level certification
- Request and complete an application to attend a Shadow Training at a Five-Day University of North Carolina TEACCH Autism Program Training led by TEACCH Staff.
- At the completion of the Shadow Training week, meet with the Director of Training team to review your demonstrated competence for the next steps. If approved to continue the process the Director of Training will complete a form that documents the eligibility of the applicant to begin the formal application process.
- A hard copy portfolio will be required. The content will be determined based on the applicant’s current position and job responsibilities. The Director of Training and applicant will develop an agreed-upon content.
- Upon approval of the TEACCH training team Director who will “sign off”, based on demonstrated competence, request and submit the formal application, including a portfolio of examples of lectures, workshops led, consultations, and other advanced activities. During the portfolio development phase, applicants will be assigned a mentor to provide consultation and support. Submit the $1000 application fee at this time.
- The portfolio will be reviewed and when approved, a Zoom meeting with the Certifications Review Committee will be scheduled.
- When the portfolio is approved by the Certifications Review Committee, a three-year certificate will be mailed to the applicant upon completion of a signed agreement
- Training fees apply (see Criteria/Process above) for prerequisite Shadow training and registration fees for Fundamentals workshops.
- $1000 Application and Certification Fee
- Within the three-year period of certification, attend 16 contact hours of continuing education activities in ASD, including:
- A minimum of 8 hours in TEACCH sponsored workshops, such as the TEACCH Annual Conference and TEACCH Topics: Trainings and seminars that are advanced beyond Structured TEACCHing
- An additional 8 hours can be from any other ASD workshops or conferences
- A new, three-year certificate will be e-mailed upon payment of the recertification fee
- $525 Recertification fee plus the cost of attendance at continuing education programs every three years
For additional questions or more information, please contact:
UNC TEACCH Autism Program – Certifications
CB#7180, University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7180
Email: TEACCH_certifications@med.unc.edu | Phone: 919.966.7003