TEACCH Five-Day Trainings
See current TEACCH Virtual Trainings.
Get more information about TEACCH Contract Training for your organization.
The TEACCH® Autism Program’s five-day course provides a theoretical foundation as well as hands-on opportunities to assess and teach individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in a demonstration classroom setting. The premise of this foundation is an understanding of the learning styles of individuals with ASD and how to use teaching strategies that capitalize on learning strengths. An emphasis is placed on the use of Structured TEACCHing principles to teach individuals with ASD skills in the areas of academics (literacy and numeracy), communication, independence, social and leisure, vocational, relaxation and coping strategies.
Participants will have an opportunity to apply Structured TEACCHing principles to teach students of varying functioning levels in a classroom setting during group and individual activities. The training includes presentations, small group discussions, demonstration classroom activities, and hands-on experiences for five consecutive days.
Objectives – At the completion of training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the unique learning styles of children and adolescents with ASD
- Conduct informal assessments to set learning objectives and monitor progress
- Create meaningful and individualized visual structure for students with ASD in both individual and group settings
- Implement Structured TEACCHing strategies to facilitate the development of skills in the areas of academics (literacy and numeracy), communication, independence, social and leisure, and vocational
- Conduct a behavioral assessment and implement problem-solving approaches to reduce behavioral difficulties
- Develop and implement relaxation and coping interventions
- Implement strategies for working and collaborating with families of individuals with ASD
$1535 USD out of state, $1000 USD for in-state (prices subject to change)