Our Mission and Vision
The University of North Carolina TEACCH® Autism Program creates and disseminates community-based services, training programs, and research to enhance the quality of life for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families across the lifespan.
A world where all individuals with ASD and their families have access to excellent evidence-based services in their home communities.
TEACCH Core Values
With our colleagues, community partners, and individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families that we serve, we live these values:
- Demonstrating a commitment to making a positive difference in the lives of others.
- Creating a culture of collaboration and partnership, where everyone is respected and valued.
- Delivering excellence through innovative and responsive practices.
- Appreciating the unique strengths of every individual.
- Emphasizing the importance of continuous lifelong learning.
TEACCH Strategic Goals
Disparities and Access:
To expand rural and under-represented groups’ access to available autism services.
To enhance the client/family experience with obtaining services at TEACCH centers and programs.
Right from the Start:
To expand evidence-based early intervention practices in our home communities.
Training for the Next Century:
To improve the effectiveness and reach of TEACCH training modules.
Adolescence, Adulthood, and Aging:
To develop new models to support adults with ASD.
To create recruitment, mentoring, and career development programs to support a diverse workforce at all levels of TEACCH.