Positions at TEACCH
- Clinical Instructor (Autism Specialist) – Openings available in Asheville, Greensboro, and Raleigh (2 openings).
The TEACCH Autism Program at the University of North Carolina has openings for Autism Specialists at our TEACCH Centers in Asheville, Greensboro, Raleigh (2 openings) and Wilmington. The Autism Specialist will hold a position as Clinical Instructor (fixed-term faculty), in the Department of Psychiatry, UNC School of Medicine.
The TEACCH Autism Program began in 1972 as a system of university-based regional centers to serve children, adolescents and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families. As part of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, TEACCH has active clinical, teaching, and research programs. TEACCH operates 7 community regional clinics across the state, a Supported Employment program and a vocational/residential facility for adults with ASD.
Responsibilities for the position include developing and implementing diagnostic, intervention, and consultation programs for individuals with ASD across the lifespan. The position also includes providing professional development training and consultation programs locally, nationally and internationally.
Previous clinical training and experience in assessment and treatment of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders preferred. Requires completion of a master’s degree in social work, speech language pathology, occupational therapy, counseling or related discipline.
*NOTE* Only candidates licensed or license eligible as a LPC, LCSW, LMFT, SLP, or OT in the state of North Carolina will be considered for these positions. License must be obtained within six months of hire. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates may apply by going to the following links:
- Full-Time position in Asheville – Interested candidates may apply by going to http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/125599
- Full-Time position in Greensboro – Interested candidates may apply by going to http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/131470
- Full-Time positions in Raleigh – Interested candidates may apply by going to http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/133772
Please attach an up to date curriculum vitae and a letter of application. Two letters of reference may be sent to Chair of the Search Committee, Autism Specialist Search, 100 Renee Lynne Court, CB#7180, Carrboro, NC 27510 or the letters may be emailed to Rebecca_Mabe@med.unc.edu
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all to apply, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- TEACCH’s Supported Employment Program provides job coaching and support to adults across the spectrum enabling them to get and keep meaningful employment. The Supported Employment Program has two major service areas, one in the Triangle area and the other in the Triad area. The program supports over 300 adults across the two regions.
The SE Program often has positions available, check the UNC Job Search for any openings – keyword search: Supported Employment
Supported Employment employees are employees of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill which is an equal opportunity employer. For more information on TEACCH’s Supported Employment Program, click here.
- TEACCH’s Carolina Living and Learning Center, a vocational and residential facility in Pittsboro, NC, often has job openings. The CLLC’s staff members work directly with residents with autism to improve the quality of their lives and to maximize their ability to function as independently as possible in the community.
Individuals interested in full-time or part-time employment should contact Tom Wiebe at email@example.com.
CLLC employees are employees of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill which is an equal opportunity employer. For more information on the CLLC, click here.