- This event has passed.
UNC TEACCH Autism Speaker Virtual Series: “From Research to Practice”
September 11, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 3:15 pm
2020 Series Dates & Times:
- September 11, 18, and 25
- 1:00 PM – 3:15 PM, US Eastern Time Zone
The UNC Autism Speaker Series provides the most up-to-date information on current topics in autism education, intervention, and diagnosis being researched and implemented at UNC. Content will be shared in three, two-hour virtual sessions, each highlighting UNC advancements in research and community practice from cells to services across the lifespan.
You can register for 3-day Speaker Series, 2-day Speaker Series, or 1-day Speaker Series. REGISTER HERE
- Describe educational, intervention, and diagnostic techniques used in virtual services for an autism population
- Describe best practices in clinical care for individuals with ASD across the lifespan
- Describe recent advances in biomedical research and treatment of individuals with autism
Presenter Names and Topics:
- Genetic Treatments for ASD: The Example of the Single Gene Disorder Angelman Syndrome – Ben Philpot, Ph.D. & Hyejung Won, PhD
- Using Evidence-Based Practices: Practical E-learning Tools for Practitioners Serving Learners with ASD – Kara Hume, PhD
- Hiding in Plain Sight: A Deeper Look at Females on the Autism Spectrum – Clare Harrop, PhD
- DBT Skills Training with Autistic Adults – Brenna Maddox, Ph.D. & Lorie Ritschel, PhD
- Factors That Influence Treatment Outcomes in Toddlers With ASD – Rebecca Grzadzinski, PhD
- Utilizing the Childhood Autism Rating Scale, Second Edition- High Functioning Version (CARS2-HF) in Telehealth Assessments – Mary Van Bourgondien, PhD
The target audience includes a range of professionals involved in the clinical care and education of autistic individuals across the lifespan, researchers in the field of autism, and autistic individuals and their family members.
This webinar is for general educational purposes only and does not constitute nor claim to be medical advice. The transmission of the information is not intended to create a clinician/client relationship.REGISTER HERE