- This event has passed.
Introduction to the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule, Second Edition (ADOS-2) (IN-PERSON)
February 22 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
The ADOS-2 workshop will provide an overview of the five (5) modules of the ADOS-2 (Modules 1-4 and the Toddler Module). There will be demonstrations of two of the modules followed by an opportunity to practice and discuss scoring. The clinical use of the ADOS-2 will also be discussed.
The participants will be given DVDs of the administration of two modules of the ADOS-2 in advance of the workshop. Please note, materials will be sent out once payment has been secured. Prior to the workshop the participants should review the manual and DVDs. Participants are responsible for acquiring their own copy of the manual and score sheets for practice. Please note, it is helpful, but not necessary, to bring the manual to the training. Other materials, including protocols for use during the training, will be provided.
At the completion of the conference, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ADOS-2 as a diagnostic tool
- Identify standardized administration procedures of all five modules of the ADOS-2
- Discuss the coding considerations necessary for reliable scoring of the ADOS-2
- Interpret and report the results of the ADOS-2 as part of a broader diagnostic evaluation
- Christina Corsello, Ph.D., Director of Clinical Service, The UNC TEACCH Autism Program
- Sara Matherly, Ph.D., Clinical Psychologist, Raleigh TEACCH Center
Meeting Venue & Dates/Times:
The training will be held onsite in Chapel Hill, North Carolina at the University of North Carolina Friday Conference Center.
UNC Friday Conference Center
100 Friday Center Drive, Sunflower Meeting Room, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 27599-1020, USA
Tuesday, February 21 – Wednesday, February 22, 2023
8:30 AM – 4:00 PM (Eastern Time, USA)
School Psychologists, Clinical Psychologists, Speech Language Pathologists and related professionals interested in learning how to use the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule, Second Edition. (This program will not provide reliability training for those interested in using this instrument for research purposes.)
February 5, 2023