TEACCH Five-Day Classroom Training – Spring Session
TEACCH Autism Program is offering a Five-Day Classroom Training
—Monday, March 5th through Friday, March 9th, 2018—
Location: Carolina Living & Learning Center – Pittsboro, NC
—EVENT IS FULL—
An emphasis is placed on the use of Structured TEACCHing principles to teach children and adolescents with ASD skills in the areas of academics (literacy and numeracy), communication, independence, social and leisure, vocational, relaxation and coping strategies.
Participants will have an opportunity to apply these strategies with students of varying ages and functioning levels in a classroom setting and in the community. The training includes presentations, small group discussions, demonstration classroom activities and hands-on experiences for five consecutive days.
- Understand the unique learning styles of children and adolescents with ASD
- Conduct informal assessments to set learning objectives and monitor progress
- Create meaningful and individualized visual structure for students with ASD in both individual and group settings
- Implement Structured TEACCHing strategies to facilitate development of skills in the areas of academics (literacy and numeracy), communication, independence, social and leisure, and vocational
- Conduct a behavioral assessment and implement problem solving approaches to reduce behavioral difficulties
- Develop and implement relaxation and coping interventions
- Implement strategies for working and collaborating with families of individuals with ASD
We will also offer several five-day classroom training sessions across North Carolina during the summer 2018.