- This event has passed.
Fundamentals of Structured TEACCHing Virtual Training
October 25, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Fundamentals of Structured TEACCHing is a nine-session training that will provide participants with an overview of the learning styles of individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and Structured TEACCHing. Structured TEACCHing is based on the understanding of the symptoms and learning styles of individuals with autism and the use of visual supports to provide meaning, promote independence, and capitalize on the individual’s strengths. Participants will also learn antecedent-based behavior management strategies using Structured TEACCHing principles. The format of this workshop will include presentations, videos, interactive discussions based on case studies, and small group activities.
While this is a strong foundational training, this does not meet any prerequisites for TEACCH Professional Certification.
At the completion of training, participants will be able to:
- Identify learning styles of ASD.
- Design the physical organization of learning spaces for students with ASD.
- Develop individualized schedules and work systems.
- Develop meaningful visual structure that promotes independence with educational, leisure, and self-care activities.
- Implement an antecedent-based behavior problem solving approach to engage students in the expected behavior.
This course is designed for educators, psychologists, speech-language pathologists, as well as others interested in educational strategies for school-aged children with an autism spectrum disorder.