- This event has passed.
Fundamentals of Structured TEACCHing Training (Virtual Series)
October 27, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 11:00 am, repeating until October 29, 2020
The Fundamentals of Structured TEACCHing workshop is setup as nine, two-hour virtual sessions that will provide participants with an overview of the learning styles of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Structured TEACCHing. Structured TEACCHing is based on the understanding of the symptoms and learning styles of individuals with autism and the use of visual supports to provide meaning, promote independence and capitalize on the individual’s strengths. Participants will also learn antecedent-based behavior management strategies using Structured TEACCHing principles. The format of this workshop will include presentations, videos, interactive discussions based on case studies and homework assignments.
While this is a strong foundational training, it does not meet any pre-requisites for TEACCH Professional Certification.
Upon completion of this training, the participant will be able to:
- Identify learning styles of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Design the physical organization of learning spaces for students with ASD
- Develop individualized schedules and work systems
- Develop meaningful visual structure that promotes independence with educational activities
- Problem solve behaviors using Structured TEACCHing principles
- Develop meaningful visual structure that promotes skill acquisition and understanding with educational activities
- Implement an antecedent-based behavior problem solving approach to reduce behavioral difficulties
This course is designed for educators, psychologists, speech language pathologists, as well as others interested in educational strategies for school-aged children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Training dates and times can be found here.