- This event has passed.
Fundamentals of Structured TEACCHing in a Therapeutic Setting
December 9, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 11:00 am, repeating until December 11, 2020
The Fundamentals of Structured TEACCHing in a Therapeutic Setting training is five two-hour sessions that will provide participants with an overview of the learning styles of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Structured TEACCHing. Structured TEACCHing is based on the understanding of the symptoms and learning styles of individuals with autism and the use of visual supports to provide meaning, promote independence, and capitalize on the individual’s strengths.
Participants will learn strategies to engage school-aged clients in telehealth services as well as antecedent-based behavior management strategies using Structured TEACCHing principles. The format of this workshop will include presentations, videos, interactive discussions based on case studies, and small group activities.
While this is a strong foundational training, this does not meet any pre-requisites for TEACCH Professional Certification.
Upon completion of this training, the participant will be able to:
- Identify learning styles of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Design the physical organization of therapy and home spaces for school-aged clients with ASD
- Develop visual systems (individualized schedules or work systems) to promote independence
- Develop meaningful visual structure that promotes engagement, social communication and play
- Problem solve behaviors using Structured TEACCHing principles
This course is designed for therapists (speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, social workers, counselors, psychologists), as well as others interested in learning strategies to use in therapy with school-aged children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Training starts Monday, December 7, 2020 and ends Friday, December 11, 2020