- This event has passed.
Fundamentals of Structured TEACCHing in a Therapeutic Setting – start time 9:00am (multiple sessions – see description for times)
December 13, 2021 @ 9:00 am - December 17, 2021 @ 11:00 am
The Fundamentals of Structured TEACCHing in a Therapeutic Setting training is five two-hour sessions that will provide attendees with an overview of the learning styles of individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and Structured TEACCHing. Structured TEACCHing is based on the understanding of the symptoms and learning styles of individuals with autism and the use of visual supports to provide meaning, promote independence and capitalize on the individual’s strengths.
Participants will learn strategies to engage school-aged clients in intervention services as well as antecedent-based behavior management strategies using Structured TEACCHing principles. The format of this workshop will include presentations, videos, interactive discussions based on case studies, and small group activities.
Dates & Times:
- Monday, December 13, 2021
- 9:00 AM-11:30 AM (Eastern Time, USA)
- Tuesday-Friday, December 14-17, 2021
- 9:00 AM-11:00 AM (Eastern Time, USA)
At the completion of training, participants will be able to:
- Identify learning styles of autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Design the physical organization of therapy and home spaces for school-aged clients with ASD
- Develop visual systems (individualized schedules or work systems) to promote independence
- Develop meaningful visual structure that promotes engagement, social communication, and play
- Problem solve behaviors using Structured TEACCHing principles
This course is designed for community or school-based healthcare providers and therapists (speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, social workers, counselors, psychologists) who are interested in learning strategies to use in therapy with school-aged children with autism spectrum disorder.
Educators are required to register for a standard “Fundamentals of Structured TEACCHing (Virtual)” event. Click here to see a complete list of training events being offered by TEACCH.