Early Learners Foundations of Structured TEACCHing Virtual Training
November 3, 2022 @ 10:00 am - February 6, 2023 @ 1:30 pm
One event on October 31, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on November 1, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on November 1, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on November 2, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on November 2, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on November 3, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on November 3, 2022 at 1:30 pm
One event on November 4, 2022 at 10:00 am
Early Learners Foundations of Structured TEACCHING is a nine-session training that will provide participants with an overview of the learning styles of young children (ages 3-5) with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). This workshop focuses on the implementation of Structured TEACCHing and naturalistic strategies which can be embedded into center areas and across classroom activities to provide meaning, promote engagement, and capitalize on the child’s strengths. Participants will also learn an antecedent-based behavior management approach. The format of this workshop will include presentations, videos, interactive discussions, and small group activities.
While this is a strong foundational training, this does not meet any prerequisites for TEACCH Professional Certification.
At the completion of training, participants will be able to:
- Identify learning styles of ASD
- Design the physical organization of learning spaces for children with ASD
- Develop individualized schedules and activity systems
- Develop meaningful visual structure for use in center areas and across classroom activities that promotes skill development in the areas of play, social interaction, self-help, and daily living routines
- Problem-solve behaviors using an antecedent-based approach and Structured TEACCHing principles
This course is designed for educators, psychologists, speech-language pathologists, as well as others interested in educational strategies for preschool-aged children with an autism spectrum disorder.