- This event has passed.
Early Learners Foundations of Structured TEACCHing Training (Virtual Series)
November 13, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Friday, repeating until November 13, 2020
The Early Learners Foundations of Structured TEACCHing is a nine, two-hour session training that will provide participants with an overview of the learning styles of young children (ages 3-5) with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). This workshop focuses on the implementation of Structured TEACCHing and naturalistic strategies which can be embedded into center areas and across classroom activities to provide meaning, promote engagement, and capitalize on the child’s strengths. Participants will also learn an antecedent-based behavior management approach. The format of this workshop will include presentations, videos, interactive discussions, and small group activities.
While this is a strong foundational training, this does not meet any pre-requisites for TEACCH Professional Certification.
Upon completion of this training, the participant will be able to:
- Identify learning styles of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Design the physical organization of learning spaces for children with ASD
- Develop individualized schedules and activity systems
- Develop meaningful visual structure for use in center areas and across classroom activities that promotes skill development in the areas of play, social interaction, self-help, and daily living routines
- Problem solve behaviors using Structured TEACCHing principles
This course is designed for educators, psychologists, speech language pathologists, as well as others interested in educational strategies for preschool-aged children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Training dates and times can be found here