- This event has passed.
Diagnosing Autism: Using CARS-2 to Diagnose ASD Through Telehealth (A Three-Part Virtual Series)
January 8, 2021 @ 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
This three-part series of workshops is for professionals involved with the diagnosis and assessment of persons perceived to have autism. The workshop will use a case-oriented style, covering how to use the CARS-2 assessment instruments in the diagnoses of autism. It is applicable in the use of these instruments in telehealth. The first two sessions will include case studies where the participants will practice scoring using the CARS-2 High Functioning Version and then the CARS-2 Standard Version. The third session in the series will review the factors that help with differential diagnoses.
Dates & Times:
Participants may register for the full event, or select individual session(s). Prices are listed on the Fees & Payment Policy tab.
- Friday, January 8, 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM (ET)
- Childhood Autism Rating Scale, Second Edition (CARS-2) – High Functioning Version
- Friday, January 15, 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM (ET)
- Childhood Autism Rating Scale, Second Edition (CARS-2) – Standard Version
- Friday, January 29, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM (ET)
- Differential Diagnosis and Co-Morbidity
Upon completion of this training, the participant will be able to:
- Use the CARS Second Edition-High Functioning (CARS2-HF)
- Use the CARS Second Edition- Standard version (CARS2-ST)
- Use assessment techniques and differential diagnosis of ASD versus other psychiatric disorders
This series is intended for psychologists and other professionals who are involved with diagnosis and assessment for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder.