- This event has passed.
Beyond the Basics: Advanced Applications of TEACCH Principles & Practices Seminar
March 19, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
One event on March 5, 2021 at 1:30 pm
One event on March 12, 2021 at 9:30 am
One event on March 12, 2021 at 1:30 pm
One event on March 19, 2021 at 9:30 am
One event on March 19, 2021 at 1:30 pm
One event on March 26, 2021 at 9:30 am
One event on March 26, 2021 at 1:30 pm
This is the second prerequisite in the TEACCH Professional Certification Program. Click here for more information about the certification process.
Attendees must have a certificate of completion from the “TEACCH Five-Day Hands-On Training” and have completed the course at least six months prior to enrolling in “Beyond the Basics.”
- The “Fundamentals of Structured TEACCHing” training does not satisfy this pre-requisite.
During the registration process you will be asked to answer a series of questions pertaining to work experience and what you hope to gain from the training. Please note, registering for the course does not guarantee enrollment in the course. The applicant will be notified of his/her enrollment status after the registration has been reviewed and course prerequisites have been verified.
This virtual four-day seminar is designed as continuing professional development for individuals who previously completed the Five-Day Hands-On Training. Topics addressed include extensions of the content presented at the TEACCH Five-Day training that will help professionals move beyond the basic implementation of Structured TEACCHing concepts as well as strategies for coaching and supporting other professionals. The format of this seminar is presentation, discussion, and case studies presented via video/scenarios with participants working in small, breakout groups to complete active learning assignments.
The course will help participants develop and hone their practitioner skills in working with students with ASD and their families as well as other professionals in the areas of:
- Coaching and supporting professionals
- Informal assessment and teaching strategies
- Programming in the area of social communication
- Behavior problem-solving approach using Structured TEACCHing strategies
- Program choreography
- Working with families and implementing structure in the home and community
This course is designed for teachers, speech clinicians, psychologists, occupational therapists, and other professionals who work with individuals with ASD and who have previously completed the intensive TEACCH Five-Day Hands-On Training.
The training program will be held at the following times:
- DATES: Four consecutive Fridays (See Agenda Tab for more details)
- March 5, 12, 19, and 26, 2021
- March 5th Morning Session: 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM Eastern Time
- All Other Morning Sessions: 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM Eastern Time
- 15-minute break each morning around 11:00 AM
- Afternoon Sessions: 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM Eastern Time
This training relies on communication, technology, and collaboration to be a successful experience. The training sessions will NOT be recorded.