This three and a half day seminar is designed as continuing professional development for teachers, speech clinicians, psychologists, occupational therapists, or other professionals working in the field of autism. Topics addressed include extensions of content presented at the TEACCH Five-Day Classroom training as well as skills that will help professionals move beyond the basic implementation of Structured TEACCHing concepts. The format of this course is lecture, discussion, and case studies/ scenarios presented via video.
Date: April 4th – April 7th, 2016 Location: The Residence Inn-Chapel Hill, NC
The course will help participants develop and hone their practitioner skills in working with students with ASD and their families including:
- collaboration and consultation
- creating and operating a demonstration site using TEACCH strategies
- consulting, mentoring and training other professionals in TEACCH strategies
- The Art and Science of Informal Assessment
- Programming Beyond the Basics: Communication, Behavior, and Social
- Data Collection and Program Monitoring
- Program Choreography
- Working with Families
- Consultation in the TEACCH Model
TRAINING FEES: In State: $530.00, Out of State: $880.00
ALL PAYMENT MUST BE MADE ONE MONTH PRIOR TO THE START OF THE TRAINING, UNLESS YOU HAVE SUBMITTED A PURCHASE ORDER IN ADVANCE.
TARGET AUDIENCE: This course is designed as continuing professional development for teachers, speech clinicians, psychologists, occupational therapist and other professionals who work with school-aged students with ASD (including those transitioning from high school), and have previously completed the intensive TEACCH Five-Day Hands-On Classroom Training.